1. Rental time ends when the last person in your group walks out of the studio. Please keep this in mind when planning your shoot. If you will need extra time to set up or break down, factor this in to your time as we do not allow additional time after your initial booking for break-down. Should you leave late, you will be charged for an additional hour of studio time.
2. Regular studio rental rate includes no more than 10 people in the studio. If there are more people, we’ll charge $5 for each person over 10.
3. Please clean the studio after your use. If the studio requires a major cleaning after your session the cleaning fee will be added (at least $75) and will depend on the amount of cleaning required. This fee is to the companies discretion.
4. This is not a sound proof studio. Please keep in mind there are others around the studio, so please be corteous of the noise you make.
5. There is a repainting fee for the cyc wall as well as the studio walls and vanity area. If there is any damage done to the wall that is outside of normal wear and tear damage, you will be charged this fee at the end of your shoot. This fee is to the companies discretion.
6. No ALCOHOliC beverages or DRUGS allowed inside the studio. If you are found to have broken this policy, we will charge you a $300 fee, and you will be banned from using our facility in the future. This also pertains to medical marijuana.
7. No Smoking in the studio. Projects involved with smoke have to get studio representatives consent prior to the shoot. This pertains to E-Cigarettes as well.
8. No one will be admitted who is drunk or under the influence of illegal drugs.
9. No animals allowed without prior consent.
10.Do not stand on the slope of the cyc wall. If there is damage done to the slope of the cyc wall, you may be charged a repair fee of no less than $500.
11. Paper Backdrop: There is a “Fashion Gray”, 107 inch long backdrop available for use. However, you will be charged $2 per foot used at the end of your shoot for using it.
12. All children in the studio must be supervised. Anymore than 3 children must have a second adult present at all times.
13. No Large vehicles are to be used in the studio. Motorcycles are allowed, but are subject to an additional charge and prior permission from studio personnel prior to your shoot.
14. No shoes on the cyc wall unless it is for a shoot, in which the bottom of your shoes should be clear of any dirt. Should there be any shoe marks that are unable to be cleaned, you will be subject to cyc wall repainting fee.
15. Pornogrophy is prohibited in the studio. Artistic nude shoots are allowed, but nothing that would be considered pornographic or close to it.
16. The security cameras/system is not to be tampered with, blocked, covered, etc. under any circumstance.
§ 1 – Rental Terms
“Company” is HYVE Studios, “Premises” includes the studio and any other studios owned by HYVE Studios, “Renter” is the person or entity renting premises or equipment owned by HYVE Studios.
Studio Time: Creative use of the studio that is not a workshop or a client meeting.
Workshops: A meeting at which a group of people engage in discussion and/or activity on a particular subject or project; Teaching.
Client meeting: Use of the space without conducting a workshop (see definition above), photoshoot, or using the space for any purpose other than meeting with your client and showing them the space, and using the restroom.
Rental rates are set by the most current version of the rates listed on the HYVE Studios website. Should the renter have any questions about these rates, they should contact the company by email, phone or the website.
§ 3 – Payment and Deposits
In order to secure the studio for use, all fees must be paid in full before the time of booking. In case of additional equipment rental added on the shoot day, the rental fee plus damage deposit must be paid by cash/credit card at the time of rental. HYVE Studios does not accept checks as payment or any other currency other than USD. HYVE studios reserves the right to charge your card for any time overage without prior consent.
§ 4 – Cancelations
Cancelations of confirmed bookings will result in the following charges:
48 hours or more: A confirmed booking that is cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the shoot time will incur no charges. All payments will be refunded in full.
24 to 48 hours: Cancelations made between 24 to 48 hours prior to the booking date and time are charged 50 percent of the rental amount the studio was booked for. The remaining 50 percent will be refunded back to the renters payment method used to book the reservation.
Less than 24 hours: Cancelations made less than 24 hours prior to the booking date and time will be charged the full amount of the rental cost.
If the company cancels the renter’s reservation, the renter will be given, at company’s sole discretion, either rescheduling priority or a full refund. Company is not liable for acts out of it’s control that affect the shoot, such as building equipment failure, power outages, weather, acts of nature or emergencies. In such cases, company will refund a prorated portion of the renter’s payment. If cancelation is made more than 24 hours prior to the booking time and date, cancelation fees may be waived by company, at company’s discretion, if the session is rebooked within ve working days and the company studio calendar can accommodate the new shoot date and the time selected by the Renter.
§5–Length of Use
Rental periods are pre-arranged at the time of booking. Renter’s rental time begins promptly at the designated start time and ends promptly at the designated ending time. Time includes set up and break-down of studio equipment. Studio must be cleaned and vacated by the end of the rental period. No prior drop-off and pick-up after completion of shoot, of equipment, props, etc… Unless negotiated at the time of the rental contract. Additional fees may apply.
Remaining in the studio after your rental period has ended, without consent from Management, violates your length of use. A $50 fee is to be assessed as soon as the rental time has been exceeded and will be assessed for the full hour on the hour every hour without exception. If you feel your rental time is insufficient, you must contact Management prior to your time ending for an extension at the regular studio rate. Management retains the right to deny your request as this technically does not constitute a 24-hour booking period.
§ 6 – Electrical Use
Studio rental fee is based on the use of strobe lighting. If hot lights are used there will be an additional power usage fee charged according to the current rate sheet.
§ 7 – Cleaning and Trash
Renter agrees to leave the premises and all contents and fixtures in the same condition as they were when renter arrived. Company will dispose of trash collected in the supplied trash cans. Renter must discard larger items such as props and set pieces, in the metal disposal outside the studio. Disposal of large amounts of garbage due to large sets may also accrue an additional charge.
All items brought to the premises by the renter are to be removed by the renter. Items left after 7 days will be assumed abandoned and may be discarded or kept by the company for company use, with no compensation due the renter, at the discretion of the company.
If renter does not return premises to the order and cleanliness found when renter arrived, company will charge at minimum a $50 cleaning fee.
§ 8 – Studio Rules
The studio rules are listed above the “Rental Agreement” section you are currently reading.
§ 9 – Artistic Nude/nude shoots
Due to the nature of these shoots, it is imperitave that you bring your own sanitation materials and sanitize the studio after your shoot. Not doing so will result in banning you from being able to shoot these types of sessions in the studio. Please do not sit on any furniture nude, as this is a sanitation issue and we take these issues seriously. Should you need to sit, please bring your own chair to do so.
§ 10 – Waiver of Liability
Use of Company’s Premises and equipment is at Renter’s risk. Renter hereby agrees that Company will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damage, injury or loss to Renter, his party or possessions while on the Premises. All persons and activity on Company’s Premisses may be video recorded for security usage. Renter holds harmless and indemni es Company and its owners, agents, representatives, associates, of cers, employees, guests and tenants against any suit, claim, loss, accident, judgment, ne, injury or damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees. This indemni cation shall continue in full force and effect during and after the term of the rental for such causes arising during the term of the rental.
§ 11 – Conduct
This is a shared studio and we maintain a professional environment. Renter shall be solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all persons accompanying Renter while on Company’s Premises. Renter agrees that a Company representative may, at Company’s sole discretion, be present at all times. If the representative observes or otherwise becomes aware of dangerous, pornographic, illegal or negligent practices or activities, the representative reserves the right to stop the shoot and may require Renter and Renter’s party to leave immediately. In such case no refund will be given for unused time. However, Company and its representatives assume no responsibility to act in such cases.
§12–Age of Models
Renter is solely responsible for verifying that all photographic subjects are of legal age. Company has no responsibility to determine or verify the age of participants in the renter’s activities but reserves the right to demand proof of parental consent if models or photographic subjects are under the age of 18 and to end those activities if Company becomes aware that legal age violations are occurring. Company is not liable in the case of an invalid ID or any other form of age verification
§ 13 – Insurance
Businesses, Corporations, Production Companies and other legal entities may be required, prior to rental, to present a certi cate of general liability insurance naming HYVE Studios as additionally insured on the dates of the rental. If so required, Renter’s liability insurance shall be deemed primary and non- contributory insurance in the event of any claim or suit. Liability insurance shall be Commercial General Liability with a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence & annual aggregate.
§ 14– Damage
Renter shall be solely responsible for any damage to Company’s property or equipment that occurs during the time Renter or their party occupies the Premises. Damage deposits will be charged for repairs to be made. Renter agrees to pay reasonable additional repair costs to bring damaged equipment back to working condition. Renter agrees to pay for damage to the Premises including spills, excessive wear, marks or stains on furniture, fixtures or painted surfaces. In the event of equipment damage, Renter agrees to pay what fees the company charges. It is the Renters responsibility to ask for replacement costs. Company will send an invoice for the total amount owed within 7 days after damage has been discovered. Inventory and studio check/inspection is done after every booking, if any damage is discovered, you will be notified within 24 hours.
§ 15 – Arbitration
If the parties are unable to resolve any controversy or claim arising under this Agreement, they agree to submit the dispute or claim to binding arbitration subject to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. This arbitration will take place in Los Angeles County, CA. The parties further agree that any such controversy or claim shall be submitted to one arbitrator selected from the panels of arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association. Each party shall be responsible for its share of the arbitration fees in accordance with the applicable Rules of Arbitration. In the event a party fails to proceed with arbitration, unsuccessfully challenges the arbitrator’s award, or fails to comply with the arbitrator’s award, the other party is entitled to costs of suit, including a reasonable attorney’s fee for having to compel arbitration or defend or enforce the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may refuse to arbitrate when the dispute is for a sum less than $200.
§ 16 – Applicable Fees
See the below chart. Please be advised that the chart can change without prior notice.
§ 17 – Removal of Equipment
The studio equipment is to not be removed from the studio under any circumstance. If you are shooting outside the studio, you must let management know this is what you intend prior to doing so.
§ 18 – Cutting the backdrop yourself
If it is found that you cut the backdrop in an attempt to deceive us due to usage, you will be fined the total cost of the backdrop as a whole regardless of how many feet you actually cut. In other words – if we find that you cut the backdrop to not be charged the per foot rate for using the backdrops, you will be assessed the current rate listed on the below table to replace the whole roll.
If you (for whatever reason) must cut the backdrop during your shoot, please contact us prior to doing so, and save the cut piece so we may verify how many feet you cut and charge you accordingly.
§ 19 – Miscellaneous
Licensee shall comply in all respects with all federal, state, county, city, or other local laws, regulations and ordinances and all rules and regulations of any governmental authority, in connection with this Agreement. This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding and agreement between Company and Renter.
Company is not responsible for any injuries or damage to person(s), or renters property in the studio or their clients or clients property from studio environment, equipmenmt or real property (ex: cyc wall).
If it is found that you booked the studio’s less expensive option to otherwise use the space without having to pay the higher cost, you will be sent an invoice for the cost difference between what was booked and what action you were performing. An example of this: Booking a photoshoot, but performing a workshop in the studio. Using this example, you would be sent an invoice for $20 (per hour) because you booked the studio room for $30 and the workshop booking is $50 per hour. It is to the companies discretion on whether or not you were using the space for a particular activity.
Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. The laws of the State of California shall govern this Agreement.
Rental sessions must be booked a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
Agreements are subject to change without notification. This pertains to Studio Rules, Rental Agreement, and Membership Agreement.
The company reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason without providing a reason to the party that is being refused service.
Any contradictions between this agreement and the Membership Agreement is superseded by the Membership Agreement and valid only to current HYVE Studios Membership holders.
As a member of HYVE Studios, you are elegible for the following perks:
- $75/MO Membership:
- 5 hours of studio time
- Additional hours @ 15% off
- 2 Workshop hours
- Additional hours @ 15% off
- Personal membership page
- 10% Discount on workshops and classes
- Hours do not roll over
- $100/MO Membership:
- 10 hours of studio time
- Additional hours 50% off
- 3 Client meetings
- Additional hours 50% off
- 3 Workshop hours
- Additional hours 50% off
- Personal membership page
- 20% Discount on workshops and classes
- Hours roll over to next month
- $200/MO Membership:
- Unlimited studio time
- Unlimited Client meetings
- 1 Workshop of unlimited hours
- Additional hours 50% off
- Personal membership page
- 30% Discount on workshops and classes
1. Membership Summary:Memberships are paid in advance of service on the first day of each month. Each month, money is withdrawn as an automatic electronic payment (credit card, debit card, or automatic checking account draft).
2. Studio Hours:Studio hours include everything that is normally included in a studio rental. Hours can not be transferred to another photographer or redeemed for cash/credit.
The studio hours do accumulate, and they are elegible to roll over to the following month. The hours do cap out at 25 hours. Should a member cancel their membership with a balance of hours on their account, their hours are voided and can not be used and are not subject to a refund.
3. Client Meetings:The client meeting is only for the front conference room space, and you are not authorized to do any test shooting in the studio. You are able to tour the studio with your client to show them the space, but are limited to such.
4. Workshops:Pro membership comes with 3 hours of workshops per month that must be used at once, if at all. The workshop hours do not carry over to the following month if not used. Should you go over those allocated hours you will be charged the normal rate of $50 per hour for workshops. Workshop hours must be booked as such.
5. Personal Profile:You have a personal profile page on our site that provides you with an overview of your monthly balance in hours. This is always up to date for your records.
6. Conduct: HYVE studios is committed to the health, safety, welfare of each of its members and staff and will not tolerate unreasonable, threatening, obscene, harassing, indecent, or illegal behavior. HYVE studios has the right to judge behavior and respond accordingly. This right includes, but is not limited to, termination of membership without refund of any member engaging in unacceptable behavior, and a perminate or termporary ban of the studio as a whole.
7. Studio Rules:All members are still required to abide by all studio rules, and agreement.
8. Other Discounts: It is prohibited to use other discounts in conjunction with the membership. The membership supercedes any other bookings. In short: Your studio hours per month must be used first before any other discounts can be applied.
9. Cancellations of bookings: Cancellations are a concern of ours, especially when others can rent the space. If you cancel your shoot anytime within 24 hours of the shoot, you’ll lose 1/2 your hours that were initially booked.
10.Membership Cancelations: A member may cancel his/her membership at any time with at least a 2-week notice. Please remember partial months are not permitted. There are no refunds for membership fees, and HYVE studios will not prorate a cancelled membership, except for members that paid 6 or more months in advance. Those that paid 6 or more months in advance will be refunded 1⁄2 (half) of the amount remaining in full month amounts rounded down to the nearest month.
Should a member cancel their membership, they are not able to re-sign up for a period of 6 months. If you fail to provide a 2-week notice of cancelation, the 6 month probation period extends to 1 year. If a member should cancel a second time, they are inelegible to sign up for membership again.
Failure to pay your membership dues will result in a $25 late fee, and if not paid by the 10th day your membership will be canceled by management and all hours on your account will be void. If your membership is forced to be canceled by management you will be banned from being a member indefinitely.
11. Unlimited membership stipulation: The unlimited membership plan is indeed unlimited hours, however there are certain rules to this. With your unlimited membership you are prohibited from booking hours that would otherwise hinder the ability for anyone else to book the studio. For example: Booking an 8 hour shoot, but only needing the studio for 4. Or any combination thereof. You are required to book what you need. We understand things happen, so if you book the studio and are not able to make it, you are required to notify us. If we see that this happens frequently, we reserve the right to terminate your membership effective immediately without notice and without a refund.
If we do see that the studio is booked for many hours and only used for a few hours, your membership will be immediately canceled, and no refunds will be issued. We do apologize for how strict we are, however the unlimited plan has a lot of benefits attached to it and carries an enormous amount of responsibility.
Absolutely no selling of studio hours! The studio is to be used by you and rented by you only. Should we find out that hours were sold by you, your membership will be immediately terminated and no refunds will be issued. This pertains to ALL membership levels, but more importantly the unlimited plan.
This is an experimental membership type which is subject to change or eliminated for any reason we see fit. Any members enrolled in this type will be given ample notice if this occurs. Should you have any questions about this stipulation or any other, please feel free to reach out and we will explain it in more detail.
12. Miscellaneous: This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter of this Agreement. The provisions of this may be waived, altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, only upon prior written consent of all parties.
This agreement is valid for the day of your booking. Any former agreements prior to your booking date are voided and the current agreement on the companies site is the valid agreement for the day of your booking and moving forward until (or if) the agreement changes.
Members can book the studio as close as 12 hours before their desired booking time. However, if less than 24 hour notice is given, there is no guarantee that the requested time will be available. Bookings cannot be done without a minimum of 12 hours notice.
By providing HYVE studios with your credit card information upon signing up for a membership, you authorize HYVE studios to charge your card every month on the 1st of the month, and agree that your card will be charged automatically.
Member has read, and fully agrees to the term of this Agreement and understands and agrees that by signing this Agreement (which contains a waiver, release and assumption of risks) Mem- ber has given up considerable future legal rights. Member has signed this Agreement freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to him/her. Member certi es and warrants that he/she is 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to enter into this Agreement.
Fee’s & Replacement
|Cleaning Fee||$75.00 Min.|
|Re-paint Cyc Wall||$75.00 Min.|
|Cyc Wall Damage||$500.00 Min.|
|Past Rental Time||$60/Hr|
|Overcrowding Past 10||$5.00/Hr/Person|
DISCLAIMER: At the time of updating this list, it is complete. As new equipment is purchased or situations happen other charges will be updated on this table. Should there be an item not listed on this table, it does not mean there is no associated cost to fix or replace it. You will be notified of the cost should that happen.
|Colored Gels||$5.00 Ea|
|DS-300 Unit||$150.00 Ea.|
|DS-300 Bulb – Flash||$50.00 Ea.|
|DS-300 Bulb – Model||$25.00 Ea.|
|SP-160M Unit||$75.00 Ea.|
|SP-160M Bulb – Flash||$25.00 Ea.|
|SP-160M Bulb – Model||$25.00 Ea.|
|Radio Slaves||$50.00 Ea.|
|White Umbrella||$25.00 Ea.|
|Octagon Softbox||$50.00 Ea.|
|Rectangle Softbox||$30.00 Ea.|
|Light Stands||$40.00 Ea.|
|August Smart Lock||$350.00|
|Sand Bags||$20.00 Ea.|